Uploading site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading site

Having put V4 onto a new computer everything seemed fine for a week or so. Having made some more amendments and uploaded the site appears correct on other computers but not on mine.The preview button shows the changes but not when I type in my website address. I had some advice that I might have to wait until the broadband cache caught up ( whatever that might mean!) but I've waited 5 days now and nothing has changed. Could anyone tell me in novice terms what I need to do to get this corrected.

Many thanks in advance. If required it's www.interknit.uk.com and Windows XP

Hi there.

Perhaps it is your local cache (Internet Explorer saves pages that you have viewed so they appear quicker next time you view them) Try clicking the 'Refresh' icon (the piece of paper with the two green arrows on it) on Internet Explorer when you are viewing your page.

If this does not work, you could try clearing your entire Internet cache.

To do this, go to Tools | Internet Options | General in Internet Explorer and click Delete files.

Hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

or try pressing CTL (or ALT I can never remember) and then clicking the refresh button. That forces IE to go and get the complete page again rather than using the temp files in it's cache.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Many, many thanks Darren and Mike. Tried option one but nothing happened but the CTL/ALT button and refresh has worked a treat. One computer novice extremely happy. Thanks for taking the time to answer

Comment

Ctrl/F5 is the complete refresh combo

Comment

Working...
          X