X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Search

Is there a way to make cutom search like the link below:

http://www.myjavaco.com/design_search.htm

If yes please let me know how I can do this?

Thanks

Hi there

Please check the help file. Simply go to "Help | Help topic"

Click on the "Content" tab along the top, double click on "Search Settings", "Search Settings - Business Only - Options Tab"

Here is will explain how to do custom search using custom variables and it also provides you with a working example

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,

I also have a few questions on the search facility in Actinic Business.

1. I read with some concern that the search facility when using price only uses the retail prices and would not be of any use in the trade area where everyone has different schedules. Is there anyway round this?

2. If the answer to the above question is no is there anyway of hiding the link to advanced seach for logged in members?

3. Can I have a default value in a dropdown (which is selected by default) that is any. Ideally if this was not changed then this would not be part of the search?

4. Is there anyway of previewing the search page before I upload to my server (I don't need results just need to see ehat it looks like)?

Cheers
      Blog, Twitter, Facebook
      Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
      www.progrow.co.uk
      www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
      www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
      www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

1. I read with some concern that the search facility when using price only uses the retail prices and would not be of any use in the trade area where everyone has different schedules. Is there anyway round this?
        No. Although you can simply not show the price search on the store if you don't want it. Simple de-select 'Allow Searching by Price Band' in 'View | Search Settings'.
        2. If the answer to the above question is no is there anyway of hiding the link to advanced seach for logged in members?
        Not really. There's no strategy for showing content for all logged in members (no matter what the price schedule is).
        3. Can I have a default value in a dropdown (which is selected by default) that is any. Ideally if this was not changed then this would not be part of the search?
        Are you still talking about prices? If you go to 'Design | Text', click 'Goto' and go to prompt '1213' - that is the HTML for the first row in the price drop-down. If you don't select a price band explicitly, the price value is not included in the search
        4. Is there anyway of previewing the search page before I upload to my server (I don't need results just need to see ehat it looks like)?
        P_search.html within your 'PreviewHTML' folder will have the search.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Just one more question.

Is it possible to order the search results in any way i.e. cheapest first?

I can see my client would drop the price dropdown based on the fact that retail prices are no good in a logged in trade area (can we add this one to the wish list please) but an 'order by' option will be the next question I am asked.

Any ideas?

Alex
          Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
          www.progrow.co.uk
          www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

This is not possible as far as I know - the search results are listed by product reference.

I will add it to the wish list for you.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

Do you know where I can find any info on customising the search results page. I tried Norman's fixes but it did not work for me.

Ideally I need to show exactly the same as the normal product listing.
              Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
              www.progrow.co.uk
              www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

I haven't got any information on this I'm afraid.

I can make each result look different by editing the template, but I don't know how to do what you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                X