Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket won't work in Netscape

Can anyone help please?

My new site works fine except that the basket quantity will not work under netscape. It works fine under Explorer.

The checkout and everything else appears ok.

Anyone come across this ?

The site is at www.sissling-group.co.uk/acatalog/

Thanks

Peter

Are cookies enabled on the browser you are trying to test on?

This is where the interim basket details are kept, I believe.

Steve

Comment

I don't think that it is a cookie problem as all the other site functions work ok, basket, checkout etc..

It is just the basket summary on the left of the store pages that won't work.

As I said previously this feature works fine under Explorer and also Opera.

Peter

Comment

Your server is running very slowly, and when I tried adding to cart in Netscape, I received the error message: The network is busy.

I'm wondering if your problem is something to do with the cart summary being on the outer frame of your design rather than on the actual product page.

Test this by adding the shopping cart summary code into Act_CatalogBody.html and then uploading. The summary will then appear on the front page for you to test.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I'll try that.

Incidentally, I have tried the site on my testing server - set up on another local machine, running apache, and the basket summary works fine?!

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Netscape and Firefox Problems,

I'm having trouble with my shopping cart in Netscape and Firefox. If you add something to the cart and click on checkout I get the following error:

"Your shopping cart is empty. Return to the catalog and add an item to your shopping cart before continuing.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here."

Site is : http://www.pride.ie/

Any ideas help would be much appreciated.

Shane
            www.pride.ie

Comment

Turning on cookies should do it. Actinic needs cookies to keep track of which cart belongs to which visitor. No cookies means no cart contents.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Argh, ZoneAlarm was blocking the cart cookie, I have that working now grand in Netscape.

Firefox is still acting strange, If I do a transaction using Firefox you can't get to the Merchant recipt page, anyone know if this has come up before?

Thanks for the answer

Shane
                www.pride.ie

Comment

Hi Shane

Just done a quick test using Firefox Version 1.0.2 build, i went to the Worldpay side and clicked on "Cancel", so it says "View Merchant Receipt". Clicked on it, and it bounced fine back to the previous checkout stage.
                  What build of Firefox do you have, if it's 1.0.0, then try upgrading it.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

They both have recently updated versions of Firefox. Everything seems to work except for the link back to the reciept after a successful transaction.

I've just had a customer enquire about his order because he couldnt get to the reciept page either using Safari on OSX

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shane
                    www.pride.ie

Comment

Hi there

I really don't know, is it just one client getting this or loads. You may want to open a support ticket for this issue. We can test your test using different internet browsers, but if they work, then its likely something on the client side.

Please register an email ticket here

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                      X