Can I amend standard reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I amend standard reports?

I want to make some minor amendments to the standard reports in Actinic (Business) and when I tried, using Crystal reports, the result wouldn't load.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I not able to emnd them? I have the latest version of Crystal Reports, but note that Actinic 6 is based on some other version -could this be the problem? If so, how do I get over this?

Also, I would love to amend some of the input screens - for example View Customer Accounts - I could do with adding another field - I need delivery addresses to have telepone numbers and contact names because larger companies require you to phone ahead.

I have also put in as a problem that pages 75/76 of the advanced manual is woefully inadequate on information regarding the data that needs to be setup in Reports.ini - are these fields mandatory, what format, how are they used (what effect do they have?) and what does "the crystal format date field to test" mean exactly???
    Pauline Walton
    www.towcho.com
    the towel that thinks it's a poncho

Re: Can I amend standard reports?

Originally posted by towcho
    I want to make some minor amendments to the standard reports in Actinic (Business) and when I tried, using Crystal reports, the result wouldn't load.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I not able to emnd them? I have the latest version of Crystal Reports, but note that Actinic 6 is based on some other version -could this be the problem? If so, how do I get over this?

Also, I would love to amend some of the input screens - for example View Customer Accounts - I could do with adding another field - I need delivery addresses to have telepone numbers and contact names because larger companies require you to phone ahead.

I have also put in as a problem that pages 75/76 of the advanced manual is woefully inadequate on information regarding the data that needs to be setup in Reports.ini - are these fields mandatory, what format, how are they used (what effect do they have?) and what does "the crystal format date field to test" mean exactly???
    You need Crystal Reports v8.5 to edit them. Later versions are not compatible.

Comment

This is what I feared - please can you make it clear in your documentation that version 8.5 is the only one that is compatible?

I have gone to the expense (not to mention the trouble) of buying the latest version of the standard softeare for Crystal Reports and I hope I shall be able to ask for the earlier version without paying extra.

I bought it from Business Objects, so hopefully they still sell it. What will happen if they don't?

Cheers,

Pauline
      Pauline Walton
      www.towcho.com

Comment

What will happen if they don't?
        You can always talk nicely to Jan Strassen at http://www.mole-end.biz/ and ask her if she can convert your files into the correct Crystal Reports format for Actinic.

Comment

Hi,

It's really kind of you to suggest this, but I want to be able to do it myself as I have quite a lot to do. I will certainly take you up on your suggestion if I encounter problems with 8.5 (when I get it)

I bought Crystal version 10 from Business Objects (recommended by your website) and have trawled the web for version 8.5 and it simply isn't out there to be had. However, I now discover that, for a fee, Business Objects will "downgrade" version 10 to version 8.5. However, whereas I could download the software directly in the first place, the downgrade has to be posted.

Would it be possible to help us by offering 8.5 yourselves, until you upgrade your own software? When is this likely to happen?

Please could I ask that you amend your website and help info under reports, to make it clear that version 8.5 is the only one which will work?
          Pauline Walton
          www.towcho.com

Comment

I will get this changed on the website ASAP. Apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

For the sake of speed, do you happen to know the page that Business Objects was mentioned on?

Comment

You can buy crystal 8.5 from business objects. I don't think that you can convert newer versions to older versions so you would have to ask business objects to 'downgrade' you version - if it V10 it must be quite new - if they won't downgrade you ask if you can have permission to install an older version on your PC for this particular development job.

Regards
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Business objects also used to offer a 30 day money back guarentee on their products. Don't know if this applies to V10.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X