Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding component to a product problem

I have a product that costs: £9.95

The client has another product that costs £3.99, for which I have to have a custom vat set of 0.60 to get to £3.99(£3.39).

He now want to offer the £3.99 product as an extra optional add on to the £9.95.

I have set the component up so that the tax, price and name are taken from the product, set the price to sum of product and component, yet the shopping cart displays the combined price of £30.87 Including Vat, when it should be £31.47 (60p difference ie the component vat)

Any ideas what has gone wrong?
    Developer 6.13
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Forgot to say I have added a quantity of 2 for the £3.99 product under the component. I have just noticed that when I have the component quanitity set to 1 it works, not when quantity equals 2.
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design

Comment

I have sort of fixed it myself by greating a new product that is basically equivalent to 2 items, hiding it and linking it as a component. However can you not have a product linking to a qty of 2 of one component ?
      Jenny
      Hanson Web Design

Comment

Jenny

So are you saying that when you add the component to the shopping cart once it adds the correct VAT, but when you add the component twice it only applies the custom VAT charge once?

If so, I will investigate further as it sounds like a problem with the software.

Comment

When I added the component a product, I linked it to an existing product. On the component it says Quantity used, which I set it to 2. Total cost was out by the vat for 1 product.
          Jenny
          Hanson Web Design

Comment

Hmmm - I did not get this.

I had a product costing £11.06 (ex VAT) and a component costing £4.25 (ex VAT). I set the 'Quantity Used' of the component to '2'.

When I added to cart, the sub-total was £19.56 (£11.06 + £4.25 + £4.25) and the total was £22.98 (£19.56 + £1.94 + £0.74 + £0.74).

Other words, it added the VAT of the component (£0.74) twice. I'm not sure why your's wasn't working but it does not seem to be a problem with the software.

Comment

Jenny
              The component is £3.99 (with vat) so it has to have custom vat ie £3.39 plus 0.60
              Would it be the custom Vat causing my grief?
              I did a test at http://www.dhleisureandgarden.com/te...all_types.html
              It shows 2 swing seats. The Babyseat Ref: 13521test which is linking 2 of component Metal Swing Hook Assembly Ref: 81010
              and the Babyseat Ref: 13521 which links with my hidden component that equates to 2 items..
              Link only there for a little while as I need to fix another problem and it's in test..
              Jenny
              Hanson Web Design

Comment

Can't help with the component problem but oddly enough I was shopping at this site over the weekend - your version of it is much much better than the old one, yours has a lot more info and the extras are more clearly detailed. It is still a bit misleading though because the larger items have a postage charge of £60 (or for some parts of the country the installation charge of £260 instead) which makes them far less competitive with other similar products.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X