Special offer (buy 2 get 3rd free...)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special offer (buy 2 get 3rd free...)?

Hi to all, I have a query on something i'm working on....

A colleague of mine has an online shop selling various recordings of nightclub dj sets etc and is selling as tapepack collection. He has asked me whether there's a way to set up the shop so if a user comes in and they choose 2 packs dates 2003 or before then the option of a 3rd pack can be offered free. There is a set amount of which packs can be done (there's 53 packs which can be offered on this deal), for example;

user selects one tapepack in the UK Garage section which was recorded pre-Jan 2004, and then they buy a second pack (might even be another copy of the same pack,or from the Drum&Bass section pre-Jan2004). Now is it possible for Actinic to say...

"you can select a 3rd pack free from the list (pre Jan 2004: lisiting a choice of the available 53 packs for this offer)", so the item is added with no price being added.

I'm also thinking that maybe my client would do a buy any 2 from anywhere in the catalogue and get third free (from pre Jan 2004 tapepacks list) offer in the near future, no doubt.

Is this possible? do i use components for this? I've had a play but cant work it out too well at the moment.

Any help on this would be totaly appreciated, as a deadline is coming up fast (Sat 11th April!!!!).

I'm using Actinic Catalogue v6 for this, at the minute im testing with Actinic Developer as a 30day demo before I revert back to the full version of Catalog, if it can be done with Catalogue, then even better.

worked out a way to do it - basically i'm going to make 3 components for the packs as follows

pack type 1
    |__OPTION (component)
    | |__ Pack Type(choice)
    | |_ 7 CD pack
    | |_ 8 Tape pack
    |
    |__2nd PACK (component)
    | |__ 2nd Pack (choice)
    | |__ (blank for none)
    | |__ pack type 1 CD pack*
    | |__ pack type 1 Tape Pack*
    | |__ pack type 2 CD pack*
    | |__ pack type 2 Tapepack pack*
    | :.... (etc for other packs in offer)
    |
    |__ Free PACK (component)
    |__ Free Pack (choice)
    |__ (blank for none)
    |__ pack type 1 CD pack**
    |__ pack type 1 Tape Pack**
    |__ pack type 2 CD pack**
    |__ pack type 2 Tapepack pack**
    :.... (etc for other packs in offer)

* = set price on Permutation from orginal product in catalog already

** = overriden price on Permutation instead of original product price (set to £0.00)

I will be leaving the orders for my client to sort out, basically a user can set the free pack as a choice, but with accordance to what my client will do in regards to sales is that users wont be able to get away with a free pack with only one pack ordered, instead of going thru the correct way of ordering 2 packs from the catalog - i've even made the option which lets the user select 3x the same product and be charged for two only.

I've amended the order lines for the components so they will appear as individual order lines, I'll be making the 2nd pack choice appear on the same order line as the first chosen pack - cant think of any other way to get around this yet - hopefully this will work since my client has 53 tape / cd packs (mad combination!!) he wants to offer this way, and i imagine most people will use the system correctly, since they'll be paying via worldpay too, so they will be getting what they pay for only (obviously)

Comment

Thanks for putting your working on this. It really is invaluable for others who may come along with similar questions.

Comment

Working...
      X