• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embedded TABLE code!! please help...

hi there

i keep getting this HTML embedded in my catalog pages:

<TABLE width="100%"><TR><TD WIDTH="100%">

and i can't find where i can remove it! i have been through every template :-(

i put another message on the support forum but it hadn't had any replies yet...

how can i remove this erroneous code? i assume it's something actinic puts in itself when building up the product items, but i have created my own table layouts for these in the templates, so i don't understand why it is appearing!

many thanks.
    luke

Have you a URL so we can see?

If not, try turning off Compact HTML/CGI (in Design / Options / Miscellaneous) and that will add comments to the generated code that will show which template everything is coming from.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Not live yet...

hi norman

unfortunately the site isn't live yet...

this erroneous code seems to be generated by Actinic catalog itself... i'll try turning on that option to debug further...

i did a text search on all the templates and didn't get anything appearing... i guess my main question is, is there any code like this generated by the software itself, or is everything controllable by templates (which i presume should be the case!)

cheers.
      luke

Comment

Some HTML comes in from the "text" table maintained by Actinic, all of the entries can be looked at, but Norman's suggestion of turning off compression gives, as he says, useful commented HTML (viewable on your PC, fin the site1 directory) with a banner for the start of each template used in the generation.

Steve

Comment

I'm getting there

I have unchecked that box as suggested and looked at my HTML..

the code is being inserted before and after the Act_Sectionline template...

i can see in the generated catalog page the code from the Sectionline template, and then just before and just after the Sectionline template begin/end quotes is this extra TABLE information.

unfortunately i can't utilize it as the TABLE tags i have created have different values.

i tried modifying the ACTSTDWIDTH element to see if it was linked somehow, but the TABLE junk still sits at width="100%" - confusing!!

luke

Comment

Is this thread the same question?

Comment

yes

all solved now, thanks... i just needed to delete some entries in Design / HTML...

cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X