Error message: Error locating the "Original" directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message: Error locating the "Original" directory

I have Win XP Pro and have loaded Actinic Catalog V6 under the administrator log in. When I switch to my user a/c (limited) and attempt to load Actinic I always get the error message:

Error locating the "Original" directory.

What do I need to do in order for a non administrater user to use the software.

I tried installing A6 under the llimited user a/c, with administrater authorisation. I still get the above message, this time all users get the message.

Please, please help.

Hi there

Actinic will only function under the user who has installed the software, therefore the administrator installed the software on his profile, then actinic will only work for that profile

The reason is because Actinic installs in the hkey_current_user registry, rather than the hkey_local_machine

I tried installing A6 under the llimited user a/c, with administrater authorisation. I still get the above message,
    Your profile has to have admins rights as actinic installs registry entries. If you give your profile a temp admin rights, then once it is installed, you can revert back to power user. This will work, however, bear in mind that if you wish to do a snapshot, you will need admin rights, because actinic exports the registry in the snapshot

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X