Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing select drop-down to option radio buttons

Hi all, Happy Easter.

I'm trying to change the way the 'select payment method' area looks because we've had a few problems with people not realising that there are various payment methods due to not clicking on the drop-down box. So basically they only see the first option.

As we only have three payment options, I'd like to be able to use 'radio' option buttons instead of a drop-down select box. Is this possible? I can find no mention of it in the knowledge base or on this forum. I've worked out that it's somewhere in Act-Order02, probably under the general user defined bit - but here I see a lot of stuff about inputting the card number which surely can't be right as this isn't used until the ssl page?

I successfully managed to change the 'how did you find us' from a free-text box to a drop-down selection including 'google' etc. so I thought that it should be possible to change a drop-down to radio buttons.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Josie

PS I'm off to sunny Spain for the week so will look forward to seeing lots of replies when I get back.
    Josie Henley-Einion
    Collectors Supplies
    http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Hi there

Please download the advance user guide from our website. Here is the direct link

If you look at page 66, under the section Offering payment methods to customers in different formats

This will tell you how to use Radio buttons, rather than a drop down list

Happy Easter to you as well
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem, thanks for replying quickly. I'm back from holidays now and tried this out.

I found the relevant page in my printed advanced user guide and also checked it online. It's strange but it seems I've got a problem updating this, because I typed it all out as stated in the user guide and updated and tested - and it was just the same as before - a drop-down box. So I redid it a couple of times and even did a site refresh all to no avail.

I have changed something else in the design|text area which changes fine, but this particular thing is stuck stubbornly as it was before. When I view the source of the web page the old lines are still appearing - ie. <select name='paymentmethod' size='1'> it's all still there.

I thought it might have something to do with the 'remember me' option because one of the methods was selected by default but even without remember me being on and clearing all boxes, it is still displaying the original drop down boxes and not the option buttons. I've checked and rechecked that I've typed everything in exactly as it appears in the advanced user guide. Very frustrating! Any help?
      Josie Henley-Einion
      Collectors Supplies
      http://www.csbooks.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X