X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying product not on site but in catalog

Hi everyone

I am using Clean Layout #4 and have Quantity on Product Page

Is there a way for a customer to purchase an item/items which are not on my site?

The customer has my catalog with over 3500 products - not all the products in the catalog are on my site.

The customer has the item number and price for the item.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Bonnie
    www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
    Unique Gifts & Home Decor
    Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
    www.bonniesgifts.com
    Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
    Retail/Drop Shipping

Hi Bonnie

We do this by setting up a SPECIAL ORDER product at nil cost.
    You can include a custom variable user entry field so the customer can enter the product ID from your print catalogue, or you can request the customer send details of what they want to order seperately by email.

The customer can then select the SPECIAL ORDER product, for each item required, and enter the product ID.

They then checkout.

This gathers all their address and payment details, but keeps order value at zero.

You then have to add an adjustment to the order to the value of the offline goods they have ordered.

Its not exactly a neat and tidy method, but the best workaround we could find, until Act allows you to manually add invoice lines after the order has been received.

One note of caution. We did encounter problems when adding more than one adjustment line to an order. Whilst you can add several adjustments (eg if you wanted one per special item ordered), if you then try and change or delete them, the order can lock up completely. We have reported this bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in a later release.

Martin

Comment

Two other ways spring to mind.

1) If your external products are in exact numbers of pounds you could create a product with the price set to £1, use the other Info field for the Part number, and use an alternative Product Template where

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

is replaced by

<!--NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY-->
      Enter price in whole number of pounds<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" VALUE="0">

This would let the customer enter both the part number and the price. They would essentially be buying something where the Quantity was the number of pounds. You could put some text in the Product name explaining this. Of course, it would be up to you to check that the price makes sense as it is open to abuse (I'll have everything at £1 please).

2) I have some patches that do exactly what you want. This allow a price to be entered for a particular product which will override the usual produt price. This isn't free so you'd need to contact me off Forum for more info.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

buying products not on site but in catalog

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
        Two other ways spring to mind.

1) If your external products are in exact numbers of pounds you could create a product with the price set to £1, use the other Info field for the Part number, and use an alternative Product Template where

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY

is replaced by

<!--NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY-->
        Enter price in whole number of pounds<INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" VALUE="0">

This would let the customer enter both the part number and the price. They would essentially be buying something where the Quantity was the number of pounds. You could put some text in the Product name explaining this. Of course, it would be up to you to check that the price makes sense as it is open to abuse (I'll have everything at £1 please).

2) I have some patches that do exactly what you want. This allow a price to be entered for a particular product which will override the usual produt price. This isn't free so you'd need to contact me off Forum for more info.

Norman
        Norman

With regard to suggestion #2, how do i contact you?
        Thanks
        Bonnie
        www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
        Unique Gifts & Home Decor
        Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
        www.bonniesgifts.com
        Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
        Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Just look me up in the Members (link at top of page) and you can e-mail from there.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X