Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different price schedules for different products

Hi everyone

I have spent about 3 hours reading everything in the forum regarding discounts, pricing, price schedules, and I think I have read so much that I have totally confused myself

I am using clean layout #4 and Quantity on Product Page. Cart is set to Total Value

I sell Retail (non-registered customers), Customer (to registered customers) and Wholesale (to companies)

Now to the problem. I sell a wide range of products (when I'm done, it will be over 3000) products; i.e., angels may be 20% off; roses may be 30% off; other products 55% off.

If I set up price schedules, the discount will apply to all products. Correct?

Is there a way to set Actinic up to give different discounts to different products, rather than a site wide disount based on price schedules; other than doing each product price individually.

Maybe giving certain discounts to certain sections?

Or anyway possible?

I am rather new to the complexity of Actinic; have been doing basic things for a while, but never delved into the more complicated part, so please try to be as specific as possible in your answer.

Thank you very much
    Bonnie
    www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
    Unique Gifts & Home Decor
    Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
    www.bonniesgifts.com
    Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
    Retail/Drop Shipping

discounts

I understand you can set up several discount schedules and then apply only the ones you need to certain products, hence tick the box if you want the particular price schedule to apply for certain products.

I am only a noive myself though.
    Whizz Shop
    http://www.whizz.uk.com

Comment

Is there a way to set Actinic up to give different discounts to different products, rather than a site wide disount based on price schedules; other than doing each product price individually.
      No - you would need to go to 'View | Price Schedules' and create one general Price Schedule called 'Wholesale'. In the 'Multiply By' field you could put a multiplication factor that would apply to most of your products.

Then you would need to go into each product that has a different amount of discount from the default, and in the 'Prices' tab de-select 'Generated' and manually edit how much the item is going to cost to that particular group of customers.

Comment

different prices schedules

Hi Chris

Thanks.

Bonnie
        www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
        Unique Gifts & Home Decor
        Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
        www.bonniesgifts.com
        Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
        Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment