CUSTOMVAR location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUSTOMVAR location

I need to edit all the info added to one customvar (product notes), I was just going to find and replace in the ActinicCatalog.mdb but they're not stored there, any idea's?
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

The Property Values are in ActinicCatalog.mdb database in the table "ProductProperties".

Product level properties have an nType of 3; and the nValue1 points to the property name in the table "HTMLVariables" where it matches with field nVariableID.

I'm not an Access programmer (indeed I stay away from MicroSoft programs as much as possible) so I can't help with details of how you'd perform your update.

Please make sure you copy ActinicCatalog.mdb somewhere safe before tinkering with it.

Norman.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found the detail, and replaced the required feilds. If any bodies having the same problem, this is what I had to do.

Open the Actalog.mdb with MSAccess find the correct column and highlight the feild entry to be changed, right click - find and replace.

My problem was a simple fix, I had a customvar for "notes" which if there were none for a specific product "n/a" was entered. It was then decided that "none" would be better so this is why the change was carried out.

Any changes made in MSAccess can't be undone as in other Office programes, so back up before doing anything...
      Justin Rowe
      Shiver

Comment

I had a customvar for "notes" which if there were none for a specific product "n/a" was entered.
        You can also set your customvar to "None" in Design / Options / Site Defaults so that you don't need to enter anything in product where you want "None" displayed. In that case you'll get the global value. If you enter something then that will override said global.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That would have saved some work, Thanks
          Justin Rowe
          Shiver

Comment

Working...
          X