Section image in Product page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section image in Product page.

I'm trying to get the section image NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE into the top of Act_Productline to display the section image at the top of each sections product page.

I've tried to input the NETQUOTEVAR for the image but it just shows as text. Whats the call for a section ie does the NETQUOTEVAR have to be inside "section quotes"

Also

I would like to list links to all products in the same section below this image. What's the template name I have to use etc.

I'm more used to ASP and DB's to achieve the required results, now I know actinic can do it I just don't know the key words to search, where to start?

I'm using a fully customised primary template (attached), do I have the required lines to include a list of products and links in each sections product pages?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

I've searched the KB and Forums and can't find an answer..... can anybody point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Justin Rowe
    Shiver

Comment

I'm not sure that you can do this. I would suggest using a customervar

Comment

I've used a CUSTOMVAR as the image to apear on the top leval section page, its 200px wide in a block of 6, in a table one image per topleavel section (a thumb nail link to the relevent section).

The NETQUOTEVAR section image is a larger version of the same image 600px wide, I was hoping there would be a way to include it in the relevent section product page, at the top, with a list of the products in the relevent section in a table below it.

Thanks for your help, at least I'm not alone in thinking along these lines, I was begining to think it was imposible. I have seen Actinic sites where the products are listed, if a drop down can have a list of products in a section could this be imported into a table?

Thanks again.
        Justin Rowe
        Shiver

Comment

The variable NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE used within Act_Primary.html (the overall layout template) will include the image for the current section in to the HTML of the section page.

Place the variable just above NETQUOTEVAR:BULK.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

I also got showed how to do it using a product today on the course, by using a simple centered template and !!< html >!! in the description.

You wait all day and then two come along at the same time
            Justin Rowe
            Shiver

Comment

Working...
            X