Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing the email subject

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to alter the "e-mail us" (etc) button to force a subject and body? (See example below for the sort of thing I am looking for)

<a href="mailto:sales@gearshift.co.uk?subject=Website Product Enquiry&body=(Please overtype your full enquiry here.. Do not overtype the subject of the mail, or your enquiry will not get to the relevant department)">Email our Web sales team</a>

We need to set Outlook rules for mails from the site, as opposed to mails from any other source, so the subject line is what we need.

I know I can't simply alter the company address to anything other than "someone@domain.co.uk", and Act_NavigationItem.html does not seem to be specific enough.
    Anyone know which Template I should be looking at? (If it's a template job at all...)

Ta!

Steve Robertson

email

I have tried something similar on mine but it would not allow me to send out emails from the store order email program because of the addition. It will allow incoming emails from the site though
    Whizz Shop
    http://www.whizz.uk.com

Comment

Maybe you could create a contact form instead of a simple mailto link. Then your users can choose options from a dropdown list

By using a contact form you will also cut down on email harvesting

Comment

Working...
      X