Postage Charge For 3rd Party Delivery Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postage Charge For 3rd Party Delivery Address

My customer bills his customers £5 P&P for any order under £100 and provides free delivery for any orders over £100. Nice and simple! However, he bills customers a flat fee of £7.50 P&P if they want the order delivered to a third party address, whatever the value of the order.

So my question is can I setup shipping and handling to charge customers £7.50 if they want the order shipped to a third party address other than the invoice address? And if there isn't a way through shipping and handling is there another way of forcing this?

Many thanks

Anthony
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

There's no function within Actinic to do this. All I can suggest is having additional shipping classes within the drop down for charging the extra £7.50 and then relying on the customer's honesty to select the correct shipping method.

Comment

a small change to ShippingTemplate.pl should work

look for the line:

my $nTotalCost = 0;

insert the following code immediately below my $nTotalCost line

if ($::g_LocationInfo{SEPARATESHIP} ne '')
      {
      $nTotalCost = 250;
      }

this will change the shipping basis if a different address is entered, adding #2.50 to the shipping cost

Comment

Hi Paul

Thanks for taking a look at this for me.

I've added your code but don't appear to get any changes in the carriage calculations?! It just works in the usual way i.e. £5.00 standard change under £100 and free over £100. If you try an alternative shipping desintation the calculation works in the same way.

I've taken a look at the files sitting on the webserver, but can't find this one anywhere?! I just wanted to check that the new version I'd amended with your code had copied up.

Anyway I've just done a site refresh and the calc's still works in the same way.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Anthony
        Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

3rd Party Delivery Charge

Any further developments to this, I am about to launch my site, but need to be able to apply a charge to my customers if they pick a seperate delivery address.

Would ideally like it to automatically recognise that a 3rd party address has been entered and apply the correct carriage charge.

I already have carriage charges set up but can't get an addtional charge for a 3rd party address.

Comment

Hi Kevin

No luck I'm affraid! I tried in vain to get the suggested script changes to work, but they didn't make any difference.

My customer resorted to writing a clause in the T&C's and adding some text below the carriage charges, in the check out process, to show that an addition charge would be made to 3rd party delivery addresses that doesn't appear on the final total.

It's a poor solution but they seem happy with it for the time being - until someone complains!

Anthony
            Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Working...
            X