Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free shipping 1 item for 1 month

Hi
    My client wants to (for this month only) charge no shipping when a customer buys a particular product.

Is there a way of configuring this?
    I know there is a way by changing shipping cost by weight but this chap also offers free shipping to orders over £30 and he has 100's of products!!

As my client uses PDQ machine to process payments and the actinic order process runs separatley to his own stock database, I have put a note in the product description to say the P&P will still appear on the order but will not debited from the card when product X is ordered. He is using Catalog V6

www.thenailwarehouse.net

thanks!
    Located - Sunny Kent
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Create a new row in the shipping table of all your shipping classes with a 'Weight in kg' of '0' and a cost of '£0.00'.

Then go into the product that you want free shipping on and set the weight to '0'. Weight is set in the 'General' tab.

Comment

thanks for that

but if somebody orders a different item within the same order (total order value less than £30) wouldn't they still be charged shipping?

we have a blanket 3.99 charge for orders under £30

I have also just been asked to set up different rates of shipping for different countries- is there a way of doing this without putting in weights? Its just one rate depending on what country yr shipping to eg belgium £36.96 portugal £46.00
      I'm assuming that the free shipping offer doesnt extend out UK!
      Located - Sunny Kent
      A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

I getcha.

There is no way of doing free shipping on specific items unless you are charging shipping by weight. However, there is a little fix you can do to allow you to do free shipping but still charge shipping by value.

Go to 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' and set up the following shipping class for the UK:

Weight | Cost
        0.00 | 0.00
        29.99 | 3.99
        30.00 | 0.00

And set 'Excess' to 'Take the Highest Value in the Table'.

Then go into each product and set the 'Weight' field (in the 'General' tab) to be the same as the price of the product. I.e. if the product costs £10.00 then set the weight to 10kg. The exception to this is for the product that you want to be free - where you set the weight to 0kg.

To charge a flat £39.96 to Belgium, right click in the white rectangle in 'Shipping and Handling' and select 'New Zone'. Call it 'Belgium' and place the 'Belgium' country within it. Then click OK, right click on your new Zone and select 'Add Class | Standard Charge'. Enter the following

Weight | Cost
        1.00 | £36.96

And set 'Excess' to 'Take the Highest Value in the Table'.

Comment

Working...
        X