adding forms and getting them to submit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding forms and getting them to submit

Hi there i was wondering of anyone could help me. I need a online form on my site so that our customers can fill them out and submit them when purchasing specific products. I pretty much know how to do the html code for a form but when i put it in actinic and upload it dosent seem to like it and i get all sorts of errors when i try to submit. At my latest attempt to add a form to a page when i click submit i get a general scripting error saying it cannont find the product reference. I really need some help on this matter if anyone knows a good way of getting forms on their site and know how to get them to submit correctly, could they please help me out.

Regards
    Ehson

You can put html within !!< >!! and it will work as normal.. Where do you want to put this code, primary or brochure pages?
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

I need it in the primary pages.

http://www.chemist.uk.com/acatalog/e..._Spray_51.html

that is the link that im currently trying to add the form to but as you can see im having trouble trying to get it to submit. And what i really would like it to do would be for it to be linked to the add to cart button so that a customer can fill out the form then click on add to cart and the form will be submited and the customer taken to the checkout. either that or have it so that when the customer adds the product to the cart they are directed to a page with the forms then when they submmit the form they are taken to the checkout.

it is quite important that i get this working over the next few days as i am required by law to have this form filled out by anyone buying stop smoking aids.

thanks
      Ehson

Comment

The problem in having your own form with some of your products is that each product is displayed by Actinic inside <form> ... </form> tags on the live site. You can't have a form within a form so just adding this into the product description won't work.

There are still a possible couple of solutions.

1) Use Quantity on Product Page type sections (without the Single Add to Cart Button). Use a customised product template for these products. Put your form on this template between

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND

and

NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

2) I have a patch that allows for multiple extra info fields to be added to a product. You could use this to collect the info which them will be downloaded with the order. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for the patch.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for your help, theres quite a lot of patches on that page, is it the "other multiple info prompts" patch that i want to download?
          I also noticed that for V6 you need the quantity on the product page, i didnt design the site and am not to sure how to do this either, any help woul be apprciated.

Thanks
          Ehson

Comment

Yes. That's the one. It's quite a complex patch so don't attempt to install it if you're unsure of what to do, once you've read through all the instructions.

There is also a limitation in that Actinic only allow 255 characters for the prompt field. You will have to fit all your prompts into that 255 character limit. So "How many cigarettes does the smoker smoke a day" may have to become "Smoked per day?", etc.

Norman

PS. I just write these and give them away. I don't actually use them myself. So if there's anyone listening who has a site using this patch in way similar to Ehson, could they post an URL to demonstrate it in use.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X