Form Attachment Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form Attachment Procedure

We use Actinic Developer v6 and need to create the ability for clients to upload image files and send them to us - ideally with order number shown in subject box.

There is one thread on the forum which oulines how this can be done but is beyond my abilities.

Is there an html script that can be downloaded or can any forum mebers advise in simple terms how to do this? We have Macromedia Dreamweaver XP and I can create forms on that.

Thanks

Chris
    www.scotgold.com
    Chris

Could you point us to the thread that you don't understand.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks for your response.

Thread ID is 4800 and thread title is "Form Attachments". by usernielsnorby.

We manufacture custom case badges and promo giftware and want to give the clients the option of uploading the artwork at the point of purchase on the on-line store. At present they have to send a separate e-mail with file attachment. I want a button that simply states "submit artwork"

Regards

Chris
      Chris

Comment

That trhread was just a suggestion as to one way to investigate a solution. It didn't actually solve the problem. Also it only allowed one upload per order as it was done as part of the chechout.

Do you need to do this on a per product basis or is it likely that only one product would be ordered at a time?

Also do you have any mechanism in mind for getting these uploaded details (e.g. a script on your server that is able to accept uploaded files) or will you expect to use the customers e-mail program.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norman,

I'm really not too bothered about the mechanism. All that I need is a 'submit artwork' option at some point between selecting the product and paying for it. It can be a mail function launcher on the client PC/Mac or a forms type procedure using our server cgi facility.

One upload per product line (non-obligatory) would be good, however some clients may have a need to send more than one file.

Perhaps a bit like the 'Browse' button shown below on the response form complier.

Chris
          www.scotgold.com
          Chris

Comment

...or a forms type procedure using our server cgi facility.
            If you can post an example of a form that would do this (only you know what your server has available) then I can help you integrate this into your product pages.

Norman

Comment

Working...
            X