Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website running slow : Too many sections ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website running slow : Too many sections ?

My website seems to take an age to load past the main index page. Im wondering whether it is because there are too many sections in the catalog ?
    Can somebody take a look at the code in the pages to see whether they can see anything in it which would make the pages take a long time to load.

The index page is www.irwebonline.com it is not that page that is running slow it is the subsequent pages.
    http://www.irwebonline.com

I looked at the batteries page and there doesn't seem to be anything particularly wrong with the page (other than the loading time).

Using DSL it took about 30 seconds to load (before images) and as it's only about 47K Bytes (large but not that large) then I'd probably say that it's down to a slow server rather than anything else.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I would of put it down to a slow server but why does the index page which wasn't coded in actinic load so quickly.
      I think it is to do with my customized templates, i think they are loading something on each page which reflects all of the sections in my catalog which is making the pages take so long to load.
      If you check how much is actually being downloaded some pages take up to 1mb to load before they are displayed.
      http://www.irwebonline.com

Comment

Do you need and use all of those Javascript routines - I wouldn't think so ! and they would take a long time to pick up all of the details for all of your products site wide on each page load.

Just a thought...

Steve

Comment

You have this huge amount of code created from uncommenting all the optional JavaScript arrays in Act_Primary.html. I don't ssee any of it being used.

Code:
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
          <!-- 
          var child_sections = new CreateArray(1);
          // -->
          </SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_names.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_URLs.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_images.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_imagewidths.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_imageheights.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree_ids.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_names.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_URLs.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_images.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_imagewidths.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_imageheights.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_sections_ids.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          <!-- 
          var child_sections_names = new CreateArray(1);
          // -->
          </SCRIPT>
          <!-- 
          var child_sections_URLs = new CreateArray(1);
          // -->
          </SCRIPT>
          <!--