Bounce Page - increasing the delay before redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce Page - increasing the delay before redirect

Sorry to be a pain again - but on the confirmation (Bounce) page where it confirms the number of orders in the basket, is there a way to delay the time it takes to refresh, or better still jump directly to the check out stage and skip that page completely.

Many thanks

Stuart

You need to go into your 'Site1' folder and look for 'ACTINIC.pm'. Open this file in Notepad.

Look for the following two functions:

sub BounceToPagePlain

sub BounceToPageEnhanced

Within each one, you will see the following lines of code:
    Code:
    	{
    	$sMetaTag = "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" "; # refresh message
    	$sMetaTag .= "CONTENT=\"$nDelay; URL=".$sRefPage."\">\n";
    	}
    Change the third line in both sets of code to read:
    Code:
    	$sMetaTag .= "CONTENT=\"6; URL=".$sRefPage."\">\n";       #$nDelay
    This will change the bounce page delay to 6 seconds.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Comment

That works a treat - thanks for the clear instructions.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart
        or better still jump directly to the check out stage and skip that page completely.
        I'd prefer for it to not refresh back to the product's page, but rathar just show the checkout ready for the customer to complete their order.

I have an "add to cart" button per product and the "quantity on product page" so the guide Going Straight to the Checkout after Adding to Cart on page 43 of the Advanced user Guide v7 doesn't suit my needs.

Is there another way?

Thanks in advance.

Gavin
        Gavin Cole

Personal website: <a href="http://www.gavjof.com" target="gav">www.gavjof.com</a>
        Clan website: <a href="http://www.asylum-industries.co.uk" target="gav">www.asylum-industries.co.uk</a>
        ASY is a UK based Battlefield 2 clan. We are recruiting UK players now.

Comment

Hi Gavin

Apart from what you have read in the advance user guide, there is no other way i'm afraid.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X