Actinic wont start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic wont start?

Just went to open Actinic as i always do and keep getting error message " this is not a bookmark"

any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

If you are starting Actinic by clicking a desktop icon, then try using the entry in Start / Programs / Actinic.... instead. It's possible that shortcut is corrupt.

You can also use Windows Explorer to go to C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6 and try clicking Catalog.exe

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

If you think it may be a database corruption, try re-installing from a snapshot. Alternatively, if you have been taking backups whenever you exit Actinic, look for a database called 'Previous.mdb' in your 'Site1' folder and rename it to 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' (you will need to rename ActinicCatalog.mdb to something else before you do this). Then try starting Actinic again.

Comment

The "not a bookmark" message comes from the Windows desktop and, as Norman points out above, probably is nothing more serious than that the desktop icon has got broken --- hey this happens it is a Microsoft product --- nothings perfect

Steve

Comment

I have tried to bypass the desktop icon, but still get the same message. Is there any other way apart from re-installing the software?

Its my own fault as its been a week since last backup and uploaded new stuff since then hence not really wanting to uninstall actinic and reload.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Try looking at C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Catalog.exe and see what the file Properties are and its size. Mine (6.1.3) is 6.34 MB (6,656,070 bytes).

Norman

Comment

Mine 6.22mb

Is there any way of fixing this "not a valid bookmark" error without reinstalling the actinic software?

I fear this is a database problem and maybe the only way is to uninstall and reinstall which i relly do not want to do.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Paul,
                Did you find catalog.exe in a directory listing of program files/actinic and then try double clicking that?

Steve

Comment

You can also try Start / Run and then type (or paste in) C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Catalog.exe

That bypasses the windows shell.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                  X