Shipping to UK Offshore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping to UK Offshore

After having a heart attack upon recieving my City-Link bill due to the emormous charge for Northen Ireland and Channel Island deliveries i need to have these charges added to my shipping options.

The way i would ideally like to achieve this is on the checkout where the customer selects their country to have a second dropdown menu to "Select Province" or similar, then to have a choice of UK Mainland, Northen Island, Channel Islands and UK Offshore etc. The choice made then determins the shipping band applied to the order.

Is this possible to impliment on

a: The Website, and
    b: within Actinic Catalog

Thankyou in advance to all who reply.

Hi David

You can do this by adding regions to the UK location in Advanced | Locations, and then adding new shipping zones in Business Settings | Shipping and Handling for each of these regions. By doing this you can set up different shipping tables for classes in each zone, and when the shopper selects their region as well as the UK location (similar to states for the US location) on the first checkout page, the appropriate shipping will be calculated.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi i did this this morning finally,

all is working well, i was just wondering if the following can be acheived..

At the checkout when the customer is filling in their details the field

County/State/Province:

is automatically filled in with the province from the previous page, as i use this province field to offer a choice of Mainland, Northen Ireland, Channel Islands and Offshore it reads slightly wrong to my customers.

Is it possible to change the title of the fields or something to make this a little more understandable for my customers?

Comment

This is all done on 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont)' in the 'Invoice Address', 'Delivery Address' and 'Shipping and Tax' tabs.

Comment

So it is, thanks alot.

Ideally i would like to add a 3rd field under address line 2 and then rename the fields accordingly, is this possible?

Comment

This is not possible I'm afraid. You will have to rename 'County/State/Province' to 'Region' and then maybe use the 'City/Town' field for the county (and then use 'Address Line 2' for the 'Town').

Comment

Working...
            X