Hierarchical import additional Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hierarchical import additional Components

I have a question about working with CSV imports. I have read through the manual, but have some questions.
    I currently have some parts of my site with ;
    Section, Sub Section, Product, Component (associated with product and using individual prices). These display as check boxs with an add to cart button.
    I would like to add (many) more Components to the existing Product. How do I ensure these Components are added to the correct place?

If I work on an exported CSV file in excel, should it contain the following rows;
    Header:Section
    Header:Product
    Header:Component
    Section (One existing main section details from extracted data)
    Section (One existing sub section details from extracted data)
    Product (One existing product details from extracted data)
    Component 1
    Component 2
    (Then add more components with Name, Price in pence, HTML name filled in, other details copied from the first, extracted, components.)
    End, Section
    End, Section

If I then import the CSV using update, will it create the new components in the correct place, without modifing the Section, Sub Section or Product details.

Stephen

OK
    I can now create additional components in Excel, then import them into the correct Section, Sub Section, Product.
    What are the required fields (key fields) in Section and Product ranges?
    Am I correct in assuming I can remove most of the cells in Header:Section and Section rows and still import the new components in the right place?

Stephen

Comment

Yes - you just need the 'Section Text' field so that Actinic knows what to do with the data.

Comment

Working...
      X