Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call back failure - WorldPAy

Hi all,

I received an order with PSP complete but received this callback error from WorldPay:

This callback failure means we were unable to pass information
    to your server about the following transaction:

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx
    Cart ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Installation ID: xxxxx
    Error reported: Failed to do merchant HTTP request. Check that you have the correct URL and that the merchant server is up and running. CAUSED BY Read timed out

This order came in at 12:23 and I was uploading to the server at 12:24 and got an error message at the final stage 'Merging updates at the site' which stopped the upload and said there was a Time Out error.

Are these two connected? I seem to have received the payment OK and after 2 attempts managed to do a new upload so I am assuming, due to the coinsidence of time, that they affected each other somehow. Perhaps my upload of files affected the callback while the customer was paying?

If this happens, what does the customer actually see? I'd like to contact them and explain that everything is OK but I haven't heard from them in a couple of hours so can only assume they are not worried.

Thanks

Brian
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Normally Actinic can upload no problem whilst people are placing orders. My guess is that for whatever reason your server was having a bad hair day at the time you were uploading and the customer was buying.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I thought it may have been a bit odd for uploads to affect the sale but I do know for a fact, that when I was uploading the site last week I browsed at the same time and had to refresh a page because it didn't load properly and just showed a couple of tags below the header where the body info should have been.

I refreshed and it was fine.

Maybe coinsidence, don't know for sure?

Brian

Comment

I would still like to know what happens though when a customer receives a call back error message. Do they have to manually click 'back' to get to the store?

Would they think their payment wasn't accepted? Would they see the Actinic receipt (with the download link url)?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X