Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using PRODUCTNAME as <title>

Hi,

I am new to Actinic and have been trying to create better page titles for our site. Ideally I want to use NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME but this doesn't seem to get parsed.
    I don't want to have to create new 'titles' for a customvar for all the products individually as the info is already available (hence wanting to use PRODUCTNAME) and there are 700+ products.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
    Nicki

You can't set it at page generation time. However you could probably get it re-set dynamically as the page loads.

In your Product Template(s), just after the line

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN

add the following

<script language=JavaScript>
    <!--
    document.title = 'NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME';
    // -->
    </script>

This will set the Title to the product name. Strictly it will keep resetting it for every product on that page and leave it with the name of the last one. I presume you have only 1 product per page as your original request kind of depends on that.

This will be of no use to search engines as they will read the original <TITLE>....</TITLE> that the page first loaded with.

If you want search engines to do this job then you will have to use Custom Properties or look through the Forum and KB and Advanced guide for a way of putting more of the Section description into the <TITLE>.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman,

it was for search engines - our internal site search in particular so I will keep looking.

Cheers

Nicki

Comment

Working...
      X