Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dummy registration product

Hi all,

I am looking atways to simulate an online membership facility whereby the user sets their own username and password.

I have read the FAQ thread "Can customers register for customer accounts online?" and this seems pretty straightforward.

Is there anyway that you can make the customer "purchase" this dummy product with their first order if they are not a member.

The site I am currently planning will work on a membership only basis (rental of audio books for a monthly fee) and therefore there will be no actual prices for the individual items, just a monthly charge for members.

Any help would, as usual be gratefully appreciated.

Best wishes,

Neil

Hi there.

Unfortunately I do not see a way of doing this. I will post the request on our wish list.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Whilst your constructing a wish list

Hi there. If you're doing a wish list then could I add to this by asking that you also consider the following:
      1) Ability for the e-commerce software to ask customers if they are members and present them with a 'log-in' page before they progress through to the shopping basket. If the customer is not currently a member then a 'register now' option should be provided.
      2) Ability for customer accounts to be created dynamically on-line without any manual off-line set-up. I wouldn't have a requirement for the e-commerce software to produce random passwords - being happy to accept the customer's email as ID and the customer's stated password. But there might be other people who would find random passwords of use.

Both of these functionality points would considerably enhance your customer account functionality. Given that it was this particular point that made Actinic my choice of e-commerce software compared to all the other software packages in this market segment then I must admit I was a tad disapointed to realise later that the account functionality had limited use.

Thanks for your attention! Rachel.

Comment

Ability for the e-commerce software to ask customers if they are members and present them with a 'log-in' page before they progress through to the shopping basket. If the customer is not currently a member then a 'register now' option should be provided.
        Hi there.

I may be able to help here. If you go to View | Business settings | Ordering and tick 'Request Login on Shop Entry' Upload and take a look. Is this the result you are after?
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Darren - on the face of it, it does sound like it solves one of my queries. But given the account sign up functionality of the current version it would only really meet my wish list if the customer was then able to register and create an account on line, dynamically, without any need for the business (me) to manually perform this (as is currently the case).

The ideal for me is for the customer to be prompted to register, be able to do it there and then, and then progress forward and make a purchase on their account all within the same visit to the site.

Does the current Actinic Business functionality perform this?

Kindest regards. Rachel.

Comment

Hi there

Does the current Actinic Business functionality perform this
            I am afraid it does not, this would require some sort of online database capability which Actinic does not have. However, I have added it to the wish list.
            Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X