Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Advice....Please!!!!

Hi,

We are having a few problems with payment options and wondered if anyone had any ideas. We currently link to Protx's online payment service, which is fine unless their server is down. Therefore, we also want to be able to have an option for the customer to send us their Credit Card details so we can manually process them.

Before we used Protx, we happily used Actinic Shared SSL - however now our new domain hosts have provided us with an SSL Server so we thought we would try to use this.

Our problem is that we want to give the user this option, but by selecting standard SSL we end up with the drop down option being on the same page as the SSL Credit Card details. (go to http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk and try an order if I haven't explained this very well).

Ideally we would like our SSL method to be on the page after they have decided which method to use (similar to the way that Actinic Shared SSL works).

Is there any way to do this, or is there any way that we can use our SSL Server as a Shared SSL Server?

Hope someone can help!!!

Cheers,

Stuart
    Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

Hi Stuart,

I'm afraid that you can't do what you want to do. There aren't too many sites out there that would use a PSP and download the credit card details as well so the input fields for are on the 'Payment Method' page to reduce the number of clicks in the checkout, which is what most people strive for.

The only thing I can suggest is to put a message in Act_Order02.html template (somewhere after NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTTITLE) to ensure that customers know that if they want to use Protx they select it from the drop-down box and click 'Next' or they can fill in their cc details on this page if they experience any problems with Protx or don't want to go through them.

I hope this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X