Removing search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing search

Im am trying to remove the search options from the bottom of the search results page. I have tried going into act_resultstemplate and removing the NETQUOTEVAR SEARCHBLOCK, but the search is still appearing on the bottom of the page. Does anyone know why this would be happening even though i have removed the netquotevar?

Suzanne

Hi,

I have removed NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBLOCK from the template you mention and my search option has disappeared. Try clearing out the cache in your browser to see if you are viewing an old page.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi tracey

I have just gone and cleared my cache folder and then tried my website again, and still the search is showing along the bottom of the results page. Can you think of anything else i might be doing wrong ?

Comment

Hi,

What is the website address so I can take a look?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

Its www.thevangoshop.com

Comment

Hi Suzanne,

Hmm, strange. Can you post the code from the 'Act_ResultsTemplate.html file.

Thanks
            Tracey
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

I have attached code as you requested

suzanne
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Suzanne,

I have put your file into a snapshot that you had previously sent into support and uploaded it to my localhost and it works. Have you updated the site since you made the change? If so, it maybe worth doing a full refresh (clear out the files in the 'Site1/SiteHTML' folder before doing it).
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

It is still appearing here, even when we test it on a completely new computer can you think what we have done wrong ?

suzanne

Comment

Hi Suzanne,

Did you refresh the site?
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Yeh i completely refreshed the site and it is still not removing the search at the bottom of the results page. I dont understand why its not working, if it is for you.

Suzanne

Comment

From what i can understand if the exact same change is working for Tracey locally and not for you on your webserver on any pc you try it with, the old file must be on your webserver.
                        Open the file from your ftp and compare it with the edited one, does it match??
                        If not manually delete that file from your ftp and upload the edited one that is working for Tracey locally.

Comment

Working...
                        X