alignment of section list columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alignment of section list columns

I have set up a top level section list with 2 columns, but find that when the last row contains only 1 item, it spans across the second column of the rows above it.

This is irritating me as i can't find out how to prevent this -- i have seen the code in design > text > web site > html (lines 9, 10, 11 & 12) but still am no nearer to a solution.

i'd like to do something like making my last row have a blank <td width="50%"></td> so the cols in the last row lines up with those above.

Do i need to use the javascript array and write my own output?

Any help gratefully received

Hi,

One way around it would be to create an extra section at the end and put a space for the section name and leave the description field blank. Choose the 'Name and description only - no image' template for the 'Section Link Layout'. This should give the look you want.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for this Tracey

That would work fine. Maybe a sligh prob if the customer wants to create their own top level cats. If the last 'blank' category was output in the first column then we would have an extra space.

What I have done as an alternative workround (which i kicked myself for not seeing at the outset) is to create a fixed with table in Act_SectionLine.html so if the second column on last row is blank it doesn't matter as the fixed with prevents column being spanned.

Comment

Hi,

create a fixed with table in Act_SectionLine.html
        Good idea, now why didn't I think of that
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X