Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fil permission problems

Hi All,

I recently checked a test site I created using actinic catalogue, and when I tried the default search , I got the following :-

Error opening the word index "../docs/test/acatalog/oldtext.fil".
    Permission denied. The web site is probably being updated.
    Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, contact us.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

Is there a known issue with file permissions, or has an update/refresh not been performed properly.

Thanks in advance

Rod

Hi Rod

Try logging into your site via any ftp software, and check the permission on the .fil files.

They should be set to 777, check to see if they are not 644?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem,

I changed the permissions on the *.fil files to 644 and it worked. For some reason some of those files had 600 (so the web server itself could not read them)

I'll double check my directory permissions and env settings to ensure that they are not causing this to happen

Thanks

Rod

Comment

I am having this same problem with oldprod.fil and oldtext.fil resetting to 600 after an upload.

I have to manually change them to 777.

I do have the cart locked and unlocked permissions in "Cart Options" set to 777 but this does not work on the above files.

Is there anything that I can do within Actinic to make sure that Actinic sets these files to 777.

Many thanks

Jason
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Jason,

What is the error you get. The files you mention usually need only 600, as they are only ftp user accessible. Try deleting all the .fil files off the server and then refreshing the website 'Web | Refresh Website'. This should fix the problem. Also please do tell us what exact version of actinic you are on and also if it is catalog, business or Developer.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

I am on Developer 7.0.6 GBGA.

I believe this to be a server problem as it is only affecting 1 site and not both sites that I operate from the software.

Basically any file with a 200 or 600 permission locks itself after a short while. I can download payments but even these lock if they are left on the server a few hours.

Session files were locking after 30 minutes but I have managed to sort this by setting the permissions in "Cart Options" to 777

The search function will show an error after a short time if the permissions are left at 600. After an upload I have to FTP in to change the permissions to 777, even 755 fail.

I know that this is a server problem but my host doesn't understand what is happening and certainly doesn't understand Actinic. They have basically said that they will make any changes server side that are needed but I need to tell them what to change.

I have purged all cat and fil files and refreshed recently with no success. With the session files set at the standard 200 I am unable to delete session files direct from Actinic and have to manually delete them from the server, however Actinic can remove them if they are set at 777.

Any help on what I need to tell my host would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

The search function will show an error after a short time if the permissions are left at 600. After an upload I have to FTP in to change the permissions to 777, even 755 fail.
              This is the only option you have until the hosting gets fixed I guess.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X