Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opt Out Donations

Hi,

We'd like to add a small charitable donation to every order with an opt-out button for customers who DON'T want to donate and a line of expanatory text. The donation should display at the checkout just before the shipping charges

All suggestions welcome - I can amend Actinic templates etc. but I do not understand html!

Hi,

There is no real way of doing this so that it adds the amount of the donation onto the cost of the order unless you have the donation option as a product. However, one way around this might be to have a checkbox for the customer to tick if they want to 'opt out' of making a donation (or maybe better to 'opt in' as some people do not read everything and would be upset to find extra taken off their cards) but ensure that they know it won't show on the total amount of the order.

To do this you need to turn one of the user-definable fields into a checkbox by doing the following:

1) Open Act_Order01.html in a text editor such as notepad
    2) Search for:

NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT014
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT014</td>
    <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTBG">
    <input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED">
    </td>
    </tr>
    NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT014

Move this code to after:

NETQUOTEDEL:INVOICEPROMPT017 </Actinic:NOTINB2B>

3) Change:

<input type="TEXT" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" size="20" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED">

to:

<input type="CHECKBOX" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" value="CHECKED" NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEUSERDEFINED>

Save and close the file.

4) Go to the 'Design' menu and select 'Text' within the software and click on the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of the window. In the 'Phase' field type 0 and in the 'ID' field type 14 and click 'OK'. This should take you to the 'User definable' field for the invoice page. Tick the 'Show' box and type in the text you want to display (ie tick here to make a donation of £x, please note that this amount will not show in the basket but will be deducted from your order.

5) It will display on the customer receipt as:

whatever text you have entered Yes

if the box is ticked (No - obviously if it isn't).

6) Then when you download the orders you will have to make an adjustment on the order.

Of course, this is not an ideal way of doing it and also it will not really work if you are using an on-line payment service provider as the amount is not going to be passed over to them.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Problems with this...

Hi,

I've just tried to do this for a newsletter subscription tick box (under v7 but I got pointed to this thread from the Actinic 7 forum)

firstly the text is not appearing on the invoice (it just says checked) and it also appears as RAW html on the final invoice that appears after payment.

Any ideas how to get rid of it entirely from the invoice?

thanks
      London Kettlebells

Comment

I'm not sure why you're doing it this way (probably because I don't know of the original thread).

Is the newsletter a paid subscription or a free signup?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

its free, i was searching for a way of adding a user defined field to allow purchasers to subscribe to an exclusive newsletter for people who've shopped from us.

PS. I'm using v7, but couldnt find any relevant threads
          London Kettlebells

Comment

this knowledge base post has an alternative approach for this, and it doesn't result in HTML being displayed in the receipt.

Comment

Working...
            X