Problem with Product Replication / External Databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Product Replication / External Databases

I'm going to email this to Jan as well, but thought I'd post it here just in case someone might be able to provide some insight. My apologies for the length of this post... I've been working at this for a number of hours.

No changes to replicated products are remaining after I enter them.

Over the last two weeks, one of my colleagues has added a number of new products and replicated them across several pages. This has not yet been updated into our site.

This morning, I signed into Actinic, tried to refresh the online site with the new products and received a warning about duplicate html pages. None of the extended info pop-up pages had been given unique names. So, I opened each product (and replication) in Actinic (Edit) and gave them unique pop-up page names.

I closed the program, did a backup of the database and re-opened it to an error that there was a problem with the external database and there was an error creating the catalog tree. The catalog tab in actinic revealed no linked products, only the originals.

I tried the backup. Then the previous backup. When neither corrected the problem, I deactivated external linking, and then reactivated it. Same problem.

Thinking that perhaps the problem was with the external Excel database, I opened that file. The extended info pages looked fine for about 10 seconds. Then, when the data refreshed, all extended page names reverted back to their original state... (for example: info_10.html)

I re-opened Actinic, where the catalog had returned to the state it was when I first opened it.

So... since the Actinic program wouldn't take my changes without giving me an error, I made my changes to the Excel file. This worked wonderfully until the file refreshed and wiped out my changes.

Now I got creative:
    I took the Actinic Folder and renamed it. Opened the Excel file and made my changes. Saved it. Closed it. Changed the folder back. Opened Actinic. Same error.

I opened the Actinic Catalog file under C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1 in Access and made the same changes to the "Product Linked" database. Saved them. Closed the file. Opened Actinic. The file looked fine until I tried to refresh the website... when I received an error: "Some duplicate HTML file names have been found and therefore the generation cannot continue."

The only other possible solution I can see is to open the Product Table in the Catalog database and make the same changes there. Somehow there must be an easier way to fix this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??

TIA,
    Jon

Extended info page names have to be unique in Actinic, I would suggest that you go to file/external linking and unlink this field - Actinic should then generate the file names and all should be fine.

This is a Mole End issue rather than an Actinic issue so I have created a thread on our support forum to continue this discussion if more help is needed. You can find it here

http://www.mole-end.biz/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60

Many thanks,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

You're the best! I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks VERY much for your rapid response!
      Jon

Comment

Working...
      X