Menu not showing in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu not showing in checkout

I'm designing a simple site with the Stripes theme. When you get to checkout the menu on the left is no longer visible. Been through all the options and can't see that I've turned it off by mistake - is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Hi Kathy

Do to "Design | Options | Layout", and check out the Primary Checkout stages, see if this the same as the overall layout

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem - I've made all the options to be Centrered Primary Template (act_primary).

When I look now I get the following:

When adding to basket - no Search available and no buttons on the left menu (the outer "frame" for the menu is there but no buttons)

View Basket - All OK

Checkout - no search available and no buttons on left menu.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Are you sure that with the theme you are using you should expect to see the nav in the checkout?

Comment

Thanks Jo - just assumed that with all themes you saw nav at checkout - do you know a way of finding out for user?

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

Jo - ignore that last stupid question - I really don't have a brain today at all - just checked and the Stripes theme does not have nav in checkout phases.

So next question -is there a way to make it?

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

What nav do you want in the checkout?

Do you want people to leave the checkout once they have started the process?

Comment

No I don't want them to leave - I want them to have the ease of going back to add something else that they forgot to put in!

Also with the stripe theme it looks a bit odd to me that you've got the outline for the nav buttons but nothing in them.

Kathy
                Kathy Newman

Comment

I think the only way you can do this is to hand code the navigation.

Take a look at thte checkout for www.surf-wax.co.uk/acatalog

all the navigation is there, but not using actinic's netquotevars

Comment

Thanks Jo - decided to do a bit of coding so at least there's something in there (like the site btw)

Kathy (who hasn't forgotten but still hasn't got round to doing that SE stuff!!)
                    Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
                    X