X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woefully inadequate reporting functionality

Hello,

I have actinic Business version 6.

When my orders are downloaded, I simply want to export them to a .csv file.

If you do this using the exporting features built in, it saves out 5 .csv files to your computer.

I only need the information in two of them, as all I want is the personal details of each customer with what they have ordered.

However, the personal details are in one file, the order details are in the other, and there is no corresponding column in both files to link the two.

If you go to the report selection bit and choose the 'outstanding packing lists' and do a preview, this gives you all the details of a particular order. But you can't save this out, just print it.

Is there a simple way to get an exported list of orders in one file?

Cheers

James

Hi,

I am about to put more time into developing my Actinic installation and bolting on some Access reports / queries. I will probably be doing the same as you just requested - I will post info as I get on with it (starting June 1st!! as I stop "real" work then.)

Andy
    www.legendgames.co.uk
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

However, the personal details are in one file, the order details are in the other, and there is no corresponding column in both files to link the two.
      The 'Invoice Contact ID' and 'Delivery Contact ID' fields within 'orders.csv' correspond to the 'Contact ID' field within 'persons.csv'. Also, the 'Order Sequence Number' field is common between 'orders.csv' and 'orderlines.csv'.

I hope this helps you rationalise the data from Actinic. When I get back to the UK (I'm in the US at the moment) , I have got a database I can send you that has all the relationships set up to handle the export files. If you want this, send an email to cdicken at actinic.co.uk.

Comment

Working...
      X