Customisable Product Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customisable Product Value

I'm going to launch a new service via my Catalogue which will be a personalised Baby Sleep Suit service.

i.e. Customers can order various Baby Sleep Suits and can specify the text that they want on the Sleep Suits.

Is it possible to allow the customers to specify the text that they require and also limit them to a certain amount of characters e.g. 15 characters, as part of an Actinic Product ?

Thank You

Elfyn
    iBabyShop.co.uk

Hi - A quick and dirty way might be to edit the Special Delivery Instructions in Act_Order04, (NETQUOTEVARELIVERYINSTRUCTION_LABEL / TEXT) so that it requested input for monogramming etc.

Best - James

PS I'm sure there is a more elegant solution!
    James Gladwin

Comment

PS I'm sure there is a more elegant solution!
      There is

Use the 'Other Info' field within the 'Prompts' tab of a product to add a question in for each product.

Comment

As Chris said you can use the Other Info Prompt for that. Here are two alternative solutions to limiting the number of characters.

If you want to limit the length of ALL other info fields input to 15 characters you can try this.

Go to Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1, ID 2161

Change the text there from

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>

to

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="15" dummy="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>

Alternatively if you use Quantity of Product Page type sections and want to keep the usual 1000 character limit for use on other products then do this instead.

Copy your Product Template (usually Act_ProductLine.html) to a new file Act_LimitedOtherInfo_ProductLine.html.

Edit Act_LimitedOtherInfo_ProductLine.html and change the fragment.

NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT

to

Enter text (max 15 characters) <INPUT TYPE=text NAME="O_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" SIZE="20" MAXLENGTH="15" VALUE="">

you can change the "Enter text (max 15 characters) " to suit. Now use Act_LimitedOtherInfo_ProductLine.html as the template for such products.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X