Item choice adds two entries into basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item choice adds two entries into basket

I have added an item to the catalog and then added various others which are hidden and are the same item but different colours and product numbers. I then added a component to the main item and then added an attribute and then choices. This is working fine but when testing the site after buying an item in red I get two lines in the basket, the main item and the item for the colour selected (red). Can anyone help with this so I can get the main item line to not show in the basket?

Sorry if this has been asked beofre I had a search for a few minutes but couldn't find the answer.

Many thanks

Nick

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1) Go into the main product and go to the 'Components' tab. Change the 'Pricing Model' field to 'Sum of Components Prices'.

2) Go to the component and select the box labelled 'Component as Separate Order Line'.

3) Go back into the main product. A checkbox labelled 'No Order Line for Main Product' should have appeared under the 'Pricing Model' field, and it should be selected.

That will do it. Note that you will need to enter a price for your component or your permutations as the product price will be ignored now.

Comment

Thanks Chris that has fixed it :-)

Nick

Comment

Working...
      X