Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customised FRAMESET (4 frames)

Hi All,

I would like to customise the design of an ecommerce store I am developing for a client, using frames.

Below is an example of a website that uses 4 frames
    http://www.body-shock.com/frameset.htm

In the top right frame I want to be able to click on a product category and display all products from that category in the bottom frame. Then when you click on a product in the bottom frame, details of the product should appear in the middle frame.

Please explain how do I go about doing something like that?

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards

Assad Sarwar
    Keynections LTD

Not wanting to sound to negative but if you need to be told how to do this then you probably don't have the html knowledge to pull it off.

A few people hace experienced problems with actinic when using frames often losing their target frame.

Comment

Hi Jo Morecroft,

I have extensive knowledge of HTML/ASP etc etc ...

We have purchased actinic developer recently and are trying to develop a site like www.body-shock.com using 4 frames as opposed to 2 frames that actinic offers.

I am able to edit the actinic templates but can not understand which NetQuoteVars are to be used for displaying all products from a category.

Usually using ASP or PHP I would loop through a recordset and pull out the categories from the database and display them in the top right frame.

Now... How can I achieve the same with actinic developer? Thats all I need to know. Thanks

Assad Sarwar

Comment

Ok.....I would have thought that it is possible to acheive your design, its just going to be a challenge!

Your best bet is to use the Advanced User guide as this has a list of netquotevars at the end of it.

Comment

Working...
        X