Clock Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock Difference

I have been testing my site with dummy orders and as soon as i retrieve the orders i notice a 1 hour difference in the time zones. Any ideas as to why??

Thanks

Phil

Server time is usually based on the timezone they're in and isn't normally adjusted for summer time.

i.e. in the Uk most servers are set to GMT whereas we're now running on british summer time which is one hour ahead of GMT.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks

Phil

Comment

Different time

Hi - I've got the same problem - orders 1 hour behind. Support at my hosting company think its fine? Any ideas
        chilled but never frosty

Comment

Check my answer above and let me know if you think it doesn't apply.

Mike

Comment

Clock difference

Hi I checked your answer with my hosting company as I don't have access to the server. They said the server time was correct - British Summer Time. They have emailed a followup:

"Does your shopping system have a time feature within it? Our system is currently running on BST (british summertime) while your shop seems to be running on GMT."
            chilled but never frosty

Comment

You can do a server header check here http://www.searchengineworld.com/cgi...ervercheck.cgi that will show you the time on your server.

I'd be very surprised if they are on BST. That varies and why in the world would anyone change a server clock twice a year? Apart from anything else it would muck up users cron jobs and statistics packages.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

I did that check and it does look like the server is 1 hour slow for www.chilloutgames.co.uk. I've sent them another email - thanks for the info

Paul
                chilled but never frosty

Comment

You may be interested in this thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=4231
                  Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks - it looks like a code issue. Here's the strange response from my hosting co:

"Hi

If you view the email

8.28pm BST is the same as 19.28 GMT the time on the server is correct.

Michael Tribbick
                    Webfusion Support
                    PIPEX
                    www.hosting-support.pipex.net"
                    chilled but never frosty

Comment

He's right that 8.28pm BST is the same as 19.28 GMT and the server clock is correct.

What was wrong was the previous answer they gave when they said the server was on BST.

Mike

Comment

Hi - I'm trying to figure out what's going on - it's a bit of a mind bender.

So basically Actinic always uses GMT which is 1hr behind UK time in the Summer?

Cheers

Paul
                        chilled but never frosty

Comment

I've modified the code in the two files for GMT + 1 as Zoltans other thread and hopefully that'll do the trick. I've saved backups of the files e.g. ACTINIC_Winter.pm so when we wind the clocks back, I'll paste it back in.

Thanks
                          chilled but never frosty

Comment

Working...
                          X