Can't get Proper Information to Show up on First Checkout Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Proper Information to Show up on First Checkout Page

I am working on this web site for a client: http://www.kcsafes.com/acatalog/index.html

I am having a problem with the first checkout page. Products will only be available in the US and taxes and shipping charges are included in the product price. I have tried to change the settings to reflect this pricing policy.

The problem I am having is that in the "Select Shipping Destination" section, there is no drop down menu( it just says"None of the above") and I get an error if the check box isn't checked telling me that the shipping and invoice addresses don't match when I hit the "next" button.

The only way I can get the order to finish is to check the different shipping destination check box.

Is there a way to eliminate the drop downs for country and eliminate taxes and shipping charges while allowing customers to have both a shipping and invoice address which could be either the same or different?

I've used the search functionality as well as looking through the forum manually but couldn't find a solution. I also looked in the documentation but didn't see where this specific issue is addressed.

Thanks for your help!

You need to go to 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling' and de-select where it says 'Shipping CHarges Made'.

Then go to 'Business Settings | Tax' and change to 'Simple' (at the top). De-select 'Include Tax 1'.

That should remove all shipping nad tax calculation from your store, and so should remove the drop-down.

Comment

Back on this project after a few weeks off. Anyway, thanks for the reply Chris. However, I already had the settings configured the way you suggested. Can you think of anything else that might be causing the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Maybe in 'View | Business Settings | Payment and Security' you have one of the payment methods limited by location?

Comment

Thanks, Chris! That was the problem. Everything seems to be working now.

Comment

Working...
          X