Error in Script - "CATTEST2 Program"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Script - "CATTEST2 Program"

I am transitioning my site to a new hosting company and have tried the "test" in Actinic. The response I am receiving is:

"The requested URL /public_html/cgi-bin/nq000001.pl was not found on this server."

Does anyone have any ideas? Also, I took a look at what appears to be the main .pl file in my cgi-bin. It appears to be corrupted. It included a "cybersitter" reference and what appeared to be some "adult content" information.

Can anyone help me with this???

Thank you in Advance!

Mark T

Hi Mark

It looks like the /cgi-bin/ folder is not public, please try the following:

1. Open internet explorer and type in "http://www.youraddress.com/cgi-bin/nq000001.pl", you should be able to see the script. If you get "Page cannot be displayed", then the CGI-BIN folder is not public

The problem could also be down to your "path to cgi-bin" or the "path from cgi-bin to acatalog" is incorrect

Please check this

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

CATTEST2 in cp000001.pl

My initial mistake was even more basic--the new hosting company name servers were not specified

However, I still have to resolve what appears to be a problem with the cp00000.pl file. It seems linked to an adult content site and seems to be generated by Actinic version 5 itself. Could this be correct? I have tried to search on the net for text that would help me and I found another company using Actinic with what appears to be the same corruption/infiltration: try the following link to see what I am speaking of:

http://www.nostalgic-designs.com/cgibin/cp000001.pl

(Beware, the internal text includes some extreme language)

Can anyone help with this problem? Much Appreciated!

Mark

Comment

This launguage was deliberately inserted by Actinic as products like Cybersitter strip it out and we can therefore detect the fact that Cybersitter is messing with the scripts.

This was done a number of years ago after we had a series of problems caused by such products. So it's standard Actinic that you are looking at. I'm sorry if it causes offence.

My guess is that the problems are just to do with configuration.

Chris
        Actinic

Comment

cp000001.pl

Chris,

My apologies. After many dealings with Actinic, it is apparent that I am working with a group of people with much integrity. No wonder I found the script to be a complete "mismatch" with my personal impression of Actinic.

Thanks for the clarification. I still have a problem with the path to/from the cgi-bin. I have changed the name servers and gave it a good faith effort to resolve the trouble, but am still having the same problem. Can you suggest a resolution for me?

I would appreciate anything that you can offer.

Mark T

Comment

Hi Mark

Can you suggest a resolution for me?
            Might i suggest in opening an email support query on the following address: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Fill in the details and our email support team can take a look and see whats going on

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X