Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration

Hi I am looking to integrate an MS Access database (which is locked and cannot be modified as it is the power behind an EPOS system) with Actinic Busines V6 using linking to external data source. This works fine however I cannot link the price field in the EPOS database as it is in the wrong format.

Now I have toyed with using a linking MS Access database table with some make queries, that type of thing and that actually all makes it work fine.

The problem is however that obviously I have to link actinic to the link table so that it can get the modified fields. essentially what I am trying to acheive is a piece of software or an access application which will link the fields in the EPOS with the fields in Actinic and changes which are made in Actinic will update EPOS and changes in EPOS will update Actinic.

Any ideas?

Which EPOS system are you using?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sales stream

Sales Stream

Comment

I know of SalesStream but I've never used it. I did speak to them a few months ago as I was interested in re-writing my EPOS to Actinic Integration program ( see www.drillpine.biz/norcat ) to use SalesStream data.

This was a speculative venture and as SalesStream don't have a demo version of their software available I didn't follow it up.

My Norcat program takes a slightly different approach than linking. Basically, you completely maintain your site in the EPOS system and Norcat converts that data to an import file that builds the entire Actinic site, including the section structure, product images, a colour / size / stock matrix, and adds many more features that Actinic doesn't do yet.

The person I spoke to at SalesStream was very knowledgable about the product and the underlying database so you may well find them useful.

Norman

Comment

both ways

Does the system which you have created update stock levels on the EPOS system when sales are made through the web site?

Comment

Not directly, but as you manage the actual sale via the EPOS system it is the master (indeed only) database. The Actinic one is temprary as it is completely updated every run from the EPOS data.

These EPOS systems are usually in real bricks and mortar shops where sales are being made on the shop floor (perhaps over several branches) as well as the web-site.

So the Actinic Orders come into the shop and the staff usually print Actinics Data Entry Report, go find the product and make the sale through the EPOS system just like they had the customer on the phone.

Now the EPOS system is up-to-date and when the Norcat / Actinic cycle is run the web-site updates to the current stock situation. E.g. if that was the last of a product sold (either through web or shop) then it will disappear from the web-site on the update.

Norman

Comment

Working...
            X