Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapshot errors

Hi - Hopefully a simple prob -
    When exporting a snapshot we get the following errors - 52 times ! - We have customised the site alot .

(File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 491) - The file D:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\Playroom.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 491) - The file D:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\This__that_and_the_other.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
    etc etc
    ------------------------
    We then get a dialogue box saying - ---------
    Warning , the html template specify source files ("SRC="commands) that reside in directories other than the acatalog directory on the website. Actinic Ecommerce can not handle these files and they are being omited from the list of files to upload.

No source files in the templates should have a path. Store them in the site specific directory locally, and they willbe uploaded to the actinic Ecommerce directory,

Thanks in advance for any help
    Dave Silvera

I think this will be due to you hard-coding links to section pages within your templates. Actinic is looking for these within the 'Site1' folder, and not finding them becuase they only exist online. It is a benign error and won't affect the operation of your store.

The best way to correct this would be to use links that go via the Actinic search script online e.g.

http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl?...html&NOLOGIN=1

You can use the 'Link' facility within the brochure pages to automatically generate the correct path.

This is a better method of linking to sections, as they will still work if someday you decide to have customer accounts and logins in your Actinic store.

Comment

Snapshot etc

Thanks for the reply - we guessed it was something to do with hardcoded links but had not worked out why...
      Many Thanks
      Dave

Comment

Hi

I also am experiencing snapshot errors sometimes. When I do,
        I get the following error message:-

FATAL ERRORS
        (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 773) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
        Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

This has hapopened before and then mysteriously gone away, but this evening I can't get rid of it.

Is this one a problem or is it too benign? The word "FATAL" worries me a bit...

Regards

Nick
        Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

This problem occurs when the Snapshot Wizard is unable to lock the Actinic database for some reason. You can normally get around this by closing down and re-starting Actinic and then starting the snapshot again.

The error is only 'Fatal' because the snapshot cannot complete.

Comment

That works fine

Thanks

Nick
            Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X