Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two users maintaining 'Business'

Hi

We using 'business' and everything is done from a single PC on our network.

I would like to share/delegate catalog product updating to a 2nd user on the network.

The situation would not arise where two people are trying to use the program at the same time.

It would not be necessary for the 2nd PC to access the web site to upload changes although it would make life easier if it could.

If this is possible, any help or suggestions on how to set up the 2nd PC to do this would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

The easiest way of doing this would be to run a copy of business on both PC's. As far as i'm aware the licence for the software does not prohibit this.

To start with you should take a snapsot from your currently installed catalog, and import this into business on the 2nd PC, giving you a carbon copy of your current catalog on the 2nd PC.

Through business settings you can provent users from modifying the design of the catalog and from downloading orders, restricting them to catalog mantainance only.

Obviously you will want to keep the 2 machines 'in sync' product wise, this can be done by exporting a hirachical database of products (file -> export) from the PC used to update products, and importing (file -> import) onto the PC used for orders.

An alternative would be to get a copy of order manager, and run actinic business on a single PC.

Comment

Thanks for that reply but I was looking to be able to open Actinic files across the network from a 2nd PC . . .
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

This is not really possible at the moment. Actinic can only be accessed and operated from a single PC.

Comment

Working...
        X