X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I want to do is......

I've got a product image showing 3 items;
    Plate, Cup & Napkins

All have different prices, so what i want to do is have one product picture and have a drop down list for the customer to select from i.e.
    Plates £1.49
    Cups £1.69
    Napkins £1.29

And of course they would only get charged the price of the item selected.

The reason i want to to this is because it will not look very professional to have the same product image for 3 different products. (I cannot cut the image as all products overlap)

A nice and easy solution would be preferable!

nice easy one

You need to use componants and atributes for this.

First, right click on your product and select 'new componant'. This will add a '+' next to your product and an icon that looks like two little overlapping cogs underneith it. Give this a relivant name. (Product type for example)

next right click on the componant and select 'new attribute'. a '+' will appear next to the componant and you will see an icon that looks a bit like a drop down menu appear. Again name this something relivant, but be aware that the name you enter here will be shown as a prompt to users so something like "please select" would suit.

Right click on the attribute and you'll see theres an option for 'new choice' select this and another new icon will appear, a red/green/blue '123' these should be named after the product options. It is also a good idea to add the price after the name, the reson for this will become clear later. In your case you need to create 3 choices named 'plates (£1.49)' 'cups (£1.69)' and 'napkins (£1.29)'.

Go back to your componant (cogs) and double click, then click the 'permiatations' tab, then the 'fill list' button. you should see 3 rows appear in the grid at the top with your 3 products in. to the right of the product names are input boxes for the prices, so complete them appropriatly.

Go back to your main product and double click it, there is an option to selec the pricing model (i dont remember exactly where it is on that screen as i'm doing this from memory, although i have a feeling its under the advanced options) select 'sum of componant prices' from the drop down list.

This has now created one product with 3 different prices depending on what option is picked.

To display the options as a drop down list as your specified, double click the attribute and you will see you have the option to change how the choices are displayed.

Hope that helps! its alot of typing and looks a little complicated but its not really. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
    X