This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug?

I wrote before under another question, but haven't received a reply so I'm writing again.

I am having trouble adding components, attributes and choices. If I use these features, the order process fails.

If I then remove the component/attributes with choices, the UPS shipping feature works fine.

If I readd the component, it fails again with the message - Select Shipping Destination - Error opening ../www/acatalog/68Z47Z107Z40A1082239435B21822.cart (No such file or directory)

All permissions are 777.

However, if I order a non-component item first, then the subsequent component order works.

I have removed all *.cat and *.fil (except ActinicSCCode.fil) from the c: drive site folder and deleted these in the web site, and refreshed without effect.

As an aside, I also noticed when creating a new test component/attribute/choice to test that selecting a choice did not affect the checkout price.

That is, if the main product is $100 and the selected choice is $50, then the sum of these items at checkout should be $150, and not $100. As I said before I could only get to the checkout if I ordered a product without any components to properly create up the .cart file.

I also noticed that under the component properties, the only available options were overide, component prices and associated product prices but not an option to sum prices. Why would that be?

And one last question - if you use associated product prices and then change that product's price will it reflect in the purchase price via an related product component?

allanl

I have the exactly same problem. Only change I have made recently is to add a 'text prompt' box to some products. Have been running attributes, choices and components for a long while without problems. Was contacted by a few customers with the problem, but that was ages ago.

Searched the Actinic support database where it was attributed to running Norton Internet Security. Suggested that an upgrade to version 5.16 was the answer as the upgrade contained a patch.

Problem is I was already running version 5.16. before the problem was discovered.

Hope somebody can solve this for both of us.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Comment

I don't know what the answer is, so I cannot sort this for you on the forum. You need to talk to Actinic Support (or Sure Solutions if you are in the US).

If you are in the UK, then simply register an email support request with http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

If you are in the US then contact Sure Solutions (http://www.actinic.us/). When you contact them, mention that Chris Dicken drew a blank (which I have done) and that he recommends that this problem should be passed to the Actinic third line support team. That will ensure it is handled as quickly as possible.

Comment

Components

Let me repeat how I'm applying multiple choices so its clear I haven't been making some fundemental errors.

I have a product that comes in 5 finishes. Each finish has a different price.

Under the product item which has a listed price of $100 (through a external spreadsheet) , I add a component, and then an attribute under it, and finally five finish choices.

I name the chocies red, green, white blue and black and add a price to each on the html line so the customer can see the price they are paying.

I then right click on the component object, and go to the second tab - permutations. I click on fill list which generates 5 lines, each the color listed above.

The pricing drop down boxes have ONLY two listings - components and overide (I am not sure exactly what they mean) so I select override and enter the price of that particular finish to its right.

The price shows in the lower box on the permutations box.

I publsh and expect to be able to see a drop down box with prices of each finish which the customer can order.

When I select one finish and click order I expect to see that price as the order price.

1 I don't see that finish order price, only the underlying product price that was generated by the external database and showing in the parent new product.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

What have you got set for the pricing model on the product - you need to have it set to 'sum of component pricing' or 'sum of product and component pricing' to get the component prices taken into account.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

sum of product and component pricing

Thanks for the reply.

The problem with this 5.1.6 version, is that I've never seen the "sum of product and component pricing" or the "sum of component pricing" options.

I think that they should be in the permutation drop down box, but those options are not there.

What are the steps to see, and where are these options?

The database is in a linked Excel sheet.

Comment

They are there in V5, they are on the main product detail dialog just below the price. The field is called pricing model.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Can't find the pricing model.

I looked at every field from the base product down and cannot find the pricing model field.

The closest that looks life where it belongs in the permutation drop down box but it isn't there.

I wish that this site support pictures. It would help resolve problems quickly.

So, based on the comment "they are on the main product detail dialog just below the price. The field is called pricing model." does that mean that I should see this on -

1 The new product page
                2 The component page, under the component or permutations tab
                3 The attribute page
                4 The choices pages

I think the components. I just don't see it.

The pricing drop down box on the permutation page has override and component prices only. If you select component prices, the lower field becomes blank except for "No associated prices."

Comment

Allan

Please see the attached image for where the pricing model field should appear in v5. You are using v5 aren't you?

They fact it never appears makes me wonder if you have a corrupt installation. Could you confirm first that the field is not there.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Progress!

Thanks to that picture, one of the problems has been solved. Sorry I was not seeing the wood for the trees.

It's now possible to have one product with a number of choices. the exact choice price reflects in the shopping cart properly

Now to problem number 2 -

Unless a NON-component product is added to a cart first and the choice product after, any attempt to add the componentized product first gets a -

Select Shipping Destination - Error opening ../www/acatalog/68Z47Z107Z40A1082239435B21822.cart (No such file or directory).

I have blown away the entire site and refreshed. I have rebuilt the site in Actinic but the problem remains.

One hint is that the entire site is shared SSL, that is although the Advanced |network allows a manual creation of an all https://... site, I can never get beyond the Directories section (dgi-bin and web root director) of the web|configure web site details

Suggestions?

Comment

Please post a URL

Comment

Please see my response at the end of

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=6855

I am closing this thread now so we are only following this in one thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X