Viewing Prices without 'Logging In'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Prices without 'Logging In'

I have had the store running sucessfully now for six months and one of the things I had to do was hard-code the item price and comment out NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE for each template in my different catagories (different prices).

The reason for this is that my images are only available to members and the problem is that you can't see the price if not logged in. Actinic shows the message. 'Please Login to Purchase'

First thing I tried was edit the above message in Options | Text and that worked great, except that some items are more expensive than others so one fixed price in the warning message was no good.

I have to constantly update the templates to edit the $ price and would rather not (altho it's no great task) so all I am trying to acheive is 'anyone' can browse (and needs to see the price) but I don't really want to put the price in any titles, ref or info because it will be duplicated on login this way.

In the Product window | Price tab I have the Retail set for the product visable but unchecked the Enable box therefore stopping non-members from purchasing.

Also, if I can get this back to how it should be, I could consider Jan's currency updater which seems a great nifty, little thing!
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Tricky one this.

You are right, in that if you have Retail non-enabled then the prices are never shown to retail customers.

There is also a known bug (fixed in the next release) whereby the 'Customer Message' field will also not be shown to retail customers if retail is non-enabled.

However, when this bug is fixed, you will be able to use the customer message field to describe the prices of your products to the retail customers. This is the best solution I can come up with.

I have raised a wish list item to request the ability to show/hide prices in the HTML - make it user-controlled.

Comment

Thanks Chris, look forward to that. Meantime, it's back to coding the prices into the templates!

Brian
      Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Comment

I have an idea, but I'm not in the office right now so I can't play around with it. Why not put the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE back in and use the <Actinic:NOTINB2B></Actinic:NOTINB2B> to add a disable code to your add to cart button.

This way, you can still display the product price but will not allow ordering for non-members.

OR

Add a component to each product, set up an overide price of £0.00 for unregistered customers and correct price for your registered customers, then change the Product Price dialog for each product to read: Sum of component prices.

This way your price will still be displayed but unregistered price will be £0.00.

I'm not sure whether this one would work, but give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X