Limiting the text in Other Info Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting the text in Other Info Field

Does anybody know how to limit a customer to inputting x amount of letters in the Other Info Field? It must be possible surely

Cheers

Paul

www.shire-embroidery.co.uk
    Quality Embroidery at Keen Prices

I answered this recently but couldn't find the post myself, so here goers again.

Go to Design / Text / Go to / Phase -1, ID 2161 and change from

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>

to

%s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="123" dummy="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>

Where the 123 is the length you want. This will limit all other info prompts.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

I found the post about limiting the length of the line (colums) but what I would like to do is limit the number of rows.

Currently I have ID2161 with the value below

%s<textarea NAME="%s" ROWS="4" COLS="21" MAXLENGTH="%d"></textarea>

The only problem with this is that the customer can keep adding more rows. This is what I would like to stop

ATB

Paul

Comment

Hmmm. Tricky to fix as a textarea. You might want to look at my Multi Other Info patch that will let you define several fields and linit each ones length. It also allows you to make some fields optional.

See http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html for details.

Norman

Comment

Thanks Norman,

I'll have a look at it.........Looks a bit daunting not being a IT pro, I'm just an embroiderer in the middle of nowhere so this is going to be testing times.

ATB

Paul

Comment

Thanks Norman,

I'll have a look at it.........Looks a bit daunting not being a IT pro, I'm just an embroiderer in the middle of nowhere so this is going to be testing times.

ATB

Paul

Comment

You'll be glad to know that there's another rural embroiderer already using it.

Be careful, make a backup copy of any files you change and you should be able to undo everything if things go wrong.

Norman

Comment

Working...
              X