Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Photo Editor disables Actinic-Business page previews

Hi

I am running Actinic Business 6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA on WIN XP Home (with all latest WinUpdates, SP2 etc.) and that includes latest version of Internet Explorer (IE)

I am improving our site by adding pictures and have occasionally been using Microsoft Photo Editor (MPE) to resize them (we have Adobe Photoshop but it is slower too load etc.)

I have noticed that in certain circumstances MPE disables Business Web/Offline Page Preview . . . the cursor changes to the hour glass but the page in IE doesn't!

We have tested this half-a-dozen times and it seems to occur when Business and IE are opened before MPE.

• IF Business and MPE are opened first (with no existing IE window open) then Web/Offline Page Preview will not automatically open a copy of IE (which it normally does.

• If Business and a copy of IE are opened first and then MPE is opened it disables Web/Offline Page Preview

• IF Business and MPE are opened first and then a copy of IE is opened by the user then the problem does not occur.

On my system it appears that opening MPE disables Actinic Business program functions when it attempts to access IE.
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Thanks for this Tony - I've passed it to the development team.

Comment

Here is the response from one of our developers.
      You never know what happens inside Windows. Sometimes not even Microsoft knows.
      ;-)
      I've checked on my system, but I couldn't reproduce.
      But I think, it is caused by another program which has installed a newer
      version of some common library (dll) with an incompatible routine entry of a
      previously used function and that has caused the conflict between applications

Comment

Working...
      X