License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License

I currently have a copy of Catalog 6 which I am looking to sell. Although I have used the software to design and upload a store, the store never went live and was not used. The software has not been used for atleast a year, and is no longer installed on either my computer or the server.

What I need to know is where I stand regarding the license for this product, and whether it can be sold in its current state. I've heard of people getting written permission from Actinic to allow them to pass-on their software, is this what I need?

I have no intention of using this software, and its only use would be that of the new owner.

Any information regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Keith Bevan

Hi Keith

As I mentioned in my email to you earlier this week, the software can not be sold if it has been used on a live site. Your email to me this week clearly stated that it has not been used on a live site. If you wish to email me the licence key, I can then confirm that it has not been used, enabling you to sell the software.

If you do sell the software, the new owner will only be able to receive support via this forum and the Knowledge Base. Under these circumstances, we suggest the new owner purchases Actinic Cover which would register them as the new owner, give them telephone support and upgrades for twelve months.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Mark Rice
    Actinic Sales
    0845 1294800

Comment

Working...
    X