Associated product prices don't update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated product prices don't update

I created a whole lot of base products, copied them across to another section, and associated the 'new' products with the base ones, using 'New Component' for each new product, associating it with base product and also associating with the base price and tax - so far so good - the new products prices are exactly the same as the base ones

However, if i change a base product price, the associated product refuses to update - am i missing out on some procedure like some sort of global update command... or maybe the base products have to be in a certain (relative) location??

It may be you are hitting the one limitation with setting up products in this way.

Associating the component with the 'master' product means that the component price will be updated when the 'master' price is updated. When you add to cart, you will see that the updated price is used in the cart. The one requirement for this to happen is that the 'Pricing Model' field (within the 'Components' tab) of the 'slave' product (which has the component within it) must be set to 'Sum of Components Prices'.

However, the price that appears in the HTML page is the price that comes from the 'slave' product. And this price is not automatically updated.

The next version of Actinic promises to have a much better way of having the same product in more than one section, but for now you need to manually update the 'slave' product price that appears in the HTML.

Comment

Working...
    X